Born in 2008, Conjunctured was Austin’s original coworking community and one of the original 80 coworking spaces in the world. In September 2014, after a little over six years of coworking, the Conjunctured house closed its doors. In an effort to open the coworking model into greater society, we’ve pivoted to become a startup consultancy helping others thrive in the fast-paced coworking industry. We remain indebted to our community.
Coworking is a global trend where freelancers, entrepreneurs, and other mobile workers come together to work in the same space. These mobile workers want to remain independent, but have hit a wall working in isolation at home. Coworking allows them to be part of a community of like-minded individuals with whom they can share ideas, trade business leads, foster business partnerships, and create friendships.
Coworking spaces are less like an executive suite, and more like a community organization. Community and collaboration are at the heart of the coworking movement.
Take a walk down memory lane…
The Conjunctured community empowers members to:
- Be an integral part of a community of like-minded peers.
- Find experts in complimentary fields and build business partnerships.
- Give and receive business and technical advice to other members.
- Trade referrals and find job leads.
- Experience supportive camaraderie. Being an entrepreneur is mentally and emotionally taxing.
- Members support each other during difficult times and share success stories during the good times.
Leave a Reply